How do I pay in a foreign currency using my credit card through PayPal?
When paying in a different currency with your credit card, you have two options for the currency conversion:
- Use PayPal's conversion process: We'll complete your transaction using your card's currency. You can see the conversion rate before you complete the payment.
- Use the credit card issuer's conversion process: We'll debit the amount from your card in the currency determined by the seller. We won't know the conversion rate at the time of payment. You'll only see the foreign exchange rate or any additional foreign exchange fees until you receive your card statement.
To change your conversion rate when you pay with your card:
- Click Currency conversion options on the payment page.
- Select Convert with PayPal or Convert with card issuer.
- Click Next.
- If you use an American Express card, you don't have the option to use PayPal's conversion process. American Express takes care of the conversion.
- A fee will be included in the exchange rate if your payment requires currency conversion. To learn more about the fee details, please refer to the Fees section in our User Agreement.