Sell with confidence
If your customer didn’t receive their item or claims the purchase was unauthorised, we can help you recover the full payment amount. Our updated Seller Protection covers physical items as well as tickets, services and travel.
Eligible sales are automatically protected and there’s no charge for using Seller Protection.
Don’t have PayPal yet?
Sign Up Now
A buyer requests a refund of an item or service, after claiming they didn’t authorise the payment. If the sale is eligible, our Seller Protection will reimburse you for the full amount.
Item not received
A buyer pays for an item or service, claims he or she didn’t receive it, then files a request for a refund. PayPal Seller Protection covers you for the full amount of the payment on eligible sales.
We’ve added a safety net to protect you against unauthorised payments, reversals due to suspicion of fraud, and item not received claims.
Sell around the globe
Seller Protection can cover your international sales. We process and convert 25 currencies from in over 200 markets, making selling more secure.
Grow your business
You can focus on making your business thrive, knowing that all eligible sales are automatically protected.
1. If a buyer files a claim or in case of a chargeback or a payment reversal, we may place a temporary hold on the funds.
2. We’ll ask you to provide information including proof of shipping or delivery within the time frame communicated (usually 7- 10 days).
3. You’ll be able to access your money as soon as we’ve determined that your transaction is eligible.
What can be covered by Seller Protection?
- Physical goods (clothes, toys, electronics, car parts, etc.)
- NEW. Services (yoga classes, website design, etc.)
- NEW. Tickets (concerts, shows, sport events, etc.)
- NEW. Travel (trip, flight or hotel bookings, etc.)
What isn’t covered by Seller Protection?
- Items that are delivered or picked up in person
- Digital goods (music, computer game downloads and licenses for digital content)
- Claims or chargebacks arising from items being significantly different to how you described them
- Payments not made through PayPal.
Check shipping details
Make sure you ship the item to the address on the Transaction Details page and keep the proof of delivery or shipping.
Keep important documentation
For ticketing, travel and services disputes, we may ask you to provide proof of delivery or evidence that the service has been used.
If we request certain documentation or information, you’ll need to respond within the requested timeframe (usually 7- 10 days).
Make sure it is eligible
The payment must be marked ‘eligible’ or ‘partially eligible’ on the Transactions Details Page.
If a customer doesn’t receive their goods or claims the transaction was unauthorised, we can help you recover the full payment amount.
We monitor each and every transaction 24/7 to prevent against fraud.
Each transaction is heavily guarded behind our advanced encryption from start to finish.
If there’s a claim on a transaction we’ll investigate and will keep you informed.