All in one safer place.
Add your card to your PayPal account only once - then we'll keep its details secured, and you'll never have to share your card's numbers with the sellers.
If you received an unauthorized payment (for example, from a hacked account) or a buyer claims he never received his item, our PayPal Seller Protection can help you get the full amount of an eligible payment, subject of the Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal and waive the Chargeback Fee, if applicable. As long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you may be protected.
For full terms, see our User Agreement.
Terms and Conditions
PayPal Seller Protection covers eligible physical items, travel, ticketing, and services paid for in one installment with PayPal and, if applicable, shipped to the shipping address registered during the transaction.
Documentation to be provided
A - Tangible items: Keep the Proof of Postage (minimum) or Proof of Delivery for the goods that you sell. They may be requested in case of a dispute.
B - Intangible items (including services, travel and tickets): We will ask you to provide Proof of Delivery to show the purchase order was fulfilled and includes all of the following:
- The date the item or service was provided;
- The recipient’s address (email/IP, etc.) - where applicable.
Exemptions from the program
Our PayPal Seller Protection program does not cover:
- Claims or Chargebacks for Significantly Not as Described.
- Items that you deliver or are picked up in person, including at a point of sale.
- Digital goods and licenses for digital content.
- Items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, gift cards or vouchers). Gold Bullion.
- Transactions made through PayPal Buy with Mobile or Virtual Terminal (if available).
- Mass Payment / Payouts.
- Items that are not shipped to the recipient address. If you originally ship the item to the recipient address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery.
- Financial products and investments.
- Check the shipping address: never send your package to an address that is different from the one provided by PayPal.
- Track your package: always use a shipping service that includes an online tracking system and Proof of Delivery, as you can reassure your worried customers by providing a tracking number.
- Keep your customers informed: if there are unforeseen delivery delays, remember to tell your customers.
- Identify high-risk behavior: multiple orders to the same address in a short space of time, orders for high-risk countries, etc. In case of doubt, do not hesitate to call your customer to check the contact information and the identity of the credit card holder. If you think it is a fraud, cancel the transaction and do not send the order.
- Never sell counterfeit items.
We're here to help
In case of unauthorized transactions, buyer claims, or any other problems you may have with your PayPal account, we will help you find a solution. Just contact our Customer Service.
If an eligible item that you’ve bought online doesn’t arrive, or doesn’t match the seller’s description, PayPal's Buyer Protection may reimburse you for the full amount of the item plus postage. Buyer Protection may cover your eligible online purchases, on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal. It also covers you when you make a payment on PayPal's website. Conditions apply.
For more information on the specific terms of the Buyer Protection applying to you, see our User Agreement.
Purchase of most goods that can be posted and which do not violate PayPal policies. Here are a few examples of situations where an item doesn’t match the seller’s description: You bought a book and got a DVD, you bought a new item but got something that was used, you bought 3 items but only got 2, the item was damaged during delivery, the item is missing major parts (that the seller didn’t disclose), or you purchased an authentic brand but got a fake instead.
What's not Covered?
Items like real estate, motorized vehicles (of any kind), custom made items, industrial machinery (for manufacturing), prepaid or gift cards, anything you buy in person, or items that violate PayPal's policies. You must open a dispute within 180 days or you will not be covered.
- Disputes can be opened for certain, tangible and intangible goods
- Full item cost has to be covered in one payment
- The buyer can open a dispute within 180 days of the date the payment was made
- If the buyer and the seller cannot reach a mutual agreement, the dispute can be escalated to a claim within 20 days after opening the dispute
- Buyers cannot open several disputes for the same payment
If an item doesn’t arrive or doesn't match the description, and your payment is eligible, we’ll reimburse the full cost of eligible purchases paid, including shipping costs.
We’re here for you
Get our full support for unauthorized transactions, claims or any other concern you might have. Just reach out to our Customer Service.
Your safety is our priority.
No matter where you shop, our security is always the same. So buy with peace of mind from thousands of online stores around the globe. The world is yours.
A buyer may request a chargeback or fund reversal from PayPal, or his credit card company but he may not pursue both at the same time or seek a double recovery. PayPal may put a hold on the funds in the seller's account to cover a request. We're here to help and will inform you of every step of the process to resolve a case.
Security around the clock.
We monitor every transaction 24/7 to help protect against fraud, email phishing and identity theft. Every transaction is heavily guarded behind our next-level encryption. If something seems suspicious, our dedicated team of security specialists is immediately on it to help protect you from fraudulent transactions. And remember, we never ask for any sensitive information from you in an email.
Your information is secured.
When you pay with PayPal, your financial information is never shared with the seller, and you can pay using only your email address and password. If you forget your login, you can recover it by yourself or contact us if you need help.