Notice of Amendment(s) to PayPal Hong Kong Limited Agreement(s)
Issued: 29 January 2021
This page displays policy updates which notify users of important changes to the PayPal Hong Kong Limited User Agreement or other online agreements, policies, or statements. Please go to “Past Policy Updates” to view previous policy updates.
We’re making changes to certain agreements (listed below) that govern your relationship with PayPal. These changes will take place automatically on the corresponding effective date(s) shown below.
Please carefully review the notices below and familiarize yourself with the upcoming changes. Otherwise, no further action is needed from you. If you would prefer to decline such changes you will need to close your PayPal account prior to the applicable effective date.
Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement
Effective: 26 February 2021
- We are revising the listed exclusions to PayPal’s Buyer Protection and Seller Protection to be globally consistent and to clarify which transactions are eligible for protection.
- We are revising PayPal’s Seller Protection so it does not apply where a seller ships a physical item or fulfills a purchase order more than two days after being notified by PayPal that the transaction is being disputed, reversed, or is otherwise unauthorised.
- We are clarifying our PayPal Payouts and Mass Pay services terms, including that they may only be used to make multiple or bulk payments, not individual or other ineligible payments, and that merchants are responsible for obtaining the applicable consents from their payout recipients.
- We are clarifying the terms that govern communications between you and PayPal.
- We are clarifying PayPal’s data protection roles and responsibilities in connection with the processing of personal data using the PayPal services.
To review the updated User Agreement, please click HERE.