How do I create a Sandbox test account?
To test your solution in the Sandbox or Test environment, you need to create two Sandbox accounts on our Developer Portal: a Seller Sandbox account and a Buyer Sandbox account.
Here’s how to create a Sandbox account:
- Log in to PayPal Developer Portal. You can use your Live PayPal account or create a new, Live PayPal account just for testing.
Note: To create a Sandbox account, you must be logged in to the PayPal Developer Portal with your Live personal or business account. If you aren't comfortable using your Live accounts for logging in to the system, you can create a free *Developer account by clicking Sign Up during the login process.
- Under Sandbox, click Accounts.
- Click Create Account.
- Create two accounts: one Buyer (Personal) account and one Seller (Business) account.
Note: A valid email address isn't required when creating Sandbox accounts. However, the email address must be unique and not currently in use.
- Create your Buyer account by selecting Personal for the account type.
- Create your Seller account by selecting Business for the account type.
- If you intend to test a PayPal Pro account integration, you should convert your Business Standard Seller account into a Business Pro account. Hover over the 3 dots in the Manage Accounts column across from your seller email address and click View/Edit Account.
- Under the Profile tab, click Upgrade to Pro to convert your Business Standard account to a PayPal Pro account.
- You've now created your Business Pro (Seller) and Personal (Buyer) accounts.
- To gain access to your API credentials, hover over the three dots across from your seller email address and click View/Edit Account. On the Account Details page, click on API Credentials to retrieve your Sandbox Username, Password, and Signature.
- After running a few Sandbox transactions from your store or shopping cart, log in to both the Buyer and Seller Sandbox accounts.
- View transaction history, movement of funds from one account to another, and so on. To do so, log in to the Sandbox at www.sandbox.paypal.com and enter your Sandbox Account and Password.
- Once logged in, view History at the top of the page to see your recent transactions.
*Developer Accounts are available in the US only at this time.
How do I find my Sandbox API credentials?
How do I create a verified business account in the PayPal Sandbox?
How do I set up Payflow Pro with PayPal Sandbox?
How do I enable my Sandbox test account for PayPal Payments Pro?