How do I send a PayPal payment in another currency?
The primary currency of your PayPal account is the default payment currency unless you choose to use another currency. You can convert an existing currency balance to another currency before sending an amount.
To convert an existing balance to a different currency:
- Go to Wallet.
- Next to the balance you'd like to convert, click the three vertical dots.
- Click Convert currency.
- Make your currency selections. The latest exchange rate* is shown below the selection. (*This exchange rate includes PayPal's currency conversion fee.)
- Click Next.
- Review your selections and calculated exchange rate, then click Convert.
To send money in a different currency:
- Go to Send & Request.
- Enter the email address, mobile number or name of the recipient and click Next.
- From the options shown select 'Sending to a friend'.
- Enter the amount, choose the currency and add a note if needed.
- Click Continue.
- If you want to change the payment method, under 'Payment Method' click Change.
- Review the details you've entered.
- Click Send Money Now to complete your transaction.
- If you choose PayPal, we can show you the conversion rate at the time of the transaction
- If you choose the credit card association currency conversion, your card issuer will determine the foreign exchange rate to apply to the transaction. You will not be informed of the foreign exchange rate or any additional foreign exchange fees applied until you are billed by your card issuer
- American Express payments are always charged in US Dollars.