How do I renew or change my PayPal API Signature or Certificate credentials?
This information is for Business accounts.
To renew or change your existing API Signature or Certificate credentials:
- Log in to your PayPal Live or Sandbox account.
- Hover over your name in the top right corner.
- Click Account Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Under Account access, click Update next to API access.
- Click Manage API credentials.
- Choose the Remove option.
- For API Signature, click Remove.
- For API Certificate, click Remove Certificate.
- Confirm that you wish to remove the existing API credentials.
- Restart the API Signature or Certificate request process.
Note: If you remove existing API information from your PayPal account, and you have an application that’s currently using this information, this action will break that application. Keep this in mind if you need to generate new API information.