How do I confirm my bank account?
To use your bank account as a funding source, and to verify your account for security purposes, you need to add your bank account to your PayPal account and confirm that you're the owner of that bank account.
You need to confirm your bank account before you can use it to make payments. There are two ways to do this. Firstly, you can look for the ‘Confirm Instantly’ button on the confirm bank page.
You will need to enter your user ID and password for your online bank account. We’ll match this information with your bank to confirm your account ownership. Once this information is entered correctly, your bank account will be confirmed instantly.
Alternatively, you can request that we deposit 2 random amounts into your bank account by following these steps.
To confirm your bank account:
- Go to Wallet.
- Select the bank account to confirm and click Confirm.
- Click Continue, then review and submit the Direct Debit details.
- If the bank account is a business account or more than one person is required to authorise debits, you must print and sign a paper Bank Funding Instruction and post it to the address provided.
We'll deposit 1p in your bank account. You'll find a 4-digit code next to the 1p deposit on your statement. This should appear in your bank account within the next few minutes, but may take up to two hours, depending on your bank.
When you know the 4-digit code:
- Go to Wallet.
- Click Unconfirmed next to the bank account to confirm.
- Enter the 4-digit code and click Confirm. (You can make 3 attempts.)
If the bank account is for a business or more than one person is required to authorise debits, you must print and sign a paper Bank Funding Instruction and post it to the address provided on-screen.
In some cases, we'll make 2 small deposits, both less than 1p. If so, you'll need to enter the 2 deposit amounts to confirm your bank account, rather than a 4-digit code.