How do I close a PayPal dispute or claim?
If you close a dispute or a claim it’s important to be aware that the claim can’t be reopened. Closing a dispute tells us that the dispute or claim has been resolved to your satisfaction.
To close a dispute or claim:
- Go to Resolution Centre.
- Select Open cases in the drop down menu and find the claim you wish to close.
- Click the Case ID link (e.g. PP-111-222-333) under the Case column.
- If the case is in the Dispute phase click Close Dispute
- If your case is in the Claim phase click Cancel this claim.
- Enter any comments in the comment box and continue to close your dispute or claim.
Learn more about Disputes and Claims for Buyers.
Closing disputes for sellers:
If you’re a seller you will not be able to close claims filed against you. Instead you’ll have the option to offer a full or partial refund to resolve them:
- If you offer a full refund the dispute or claim will be closed immediately
- If you offer a partial refund the buyer must agree before the dispute can be closed.
Learn more about Disputes and Claims for Sellers.