How do I change the name on my PayPal account?
We can help you change the name on your PayPal account if it's misspelled or if you've legally changed your name. It is not possible to change the name on your account to another person's name.
To change the name on an account:
- Go to your Settings.
- Beside your name, click Update.
- Choose the appropriate name change from the available options, 'Fix a minor typo', 'Update your name' or 'Change your legal name'.
To fix a minor typo (up to 2 characters, and only once after creating your PayPal account):
- Enter your first and last names.
- Check the box to confirm 'I'd like to update my name' and click Update Name.
To update your name/ Change your legal name:
- Choose the type of name change and click Continue.
- Follow the onscreen steps.
To upload your documents:
- Click Upload Files or Choose a file to upload and browse for the file(s) you want to upload (or drag to the upload panel).
- Click Attach File, if prompted, and allow the files time to upload.
- Click Send Files or Submit.
We may ask you to provide documentation to support your name change request, which you can upload through your account. Once we've received your documents, we'll review your request and usually respond back to you within 3 to 5 business days.