What is eBay Buyer Protection?
If you bought something on eBay but didn't receive it or you received something that's significantly not as described, eBay Buyer Protection can help.
eBay Buyer Protection covers eligible transactions for the full purchase price plus original shipping charges. Some purchases -- including vehicles in the Motors category, capital equipment in the Business & Industrial category, and Real Estate -- aren't eligible for eBay Buyer Protection.
To qualify for eBay Buyer Protection:
- Purchase an eligible item on eBay using an eBay-approved payment method.
- Pay for the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments aren’t eligible.
- Send your payment by clicking the Pay For It button on the eBay invoice or by clicking the Pay Now button on the eBay item page.
- Let the seller know there's a problem with the transaction by opening an eBay Buyer Protection Claim in the eBay Resolution Center. This must be done within 30 days from the Estimated Date of Delivery.
- You can report your problem through the eBay Resolution Center or the PayPal Resolution Center, not both. If eBay decides that you’re eligible for a refund, the money will be credited to your PayPal account.
For more information on eBay Buyer Protection, please vist eBay’s customer support page.