Notice of Amendment(s) to Asia Pacific, certain European and Latin American countries, Middle East and Africa PayPal Agreement(s)
Issued: 29 October 2021
This page details updates to PayPal users of changes to the Asia Pacific, certain European and Latin American countries, Middle East and Africa PayPal User Agreements or other online agreements, policies, or statements that require notice. You can also review Past Policy Updates notices.
We’re making changes to certain agreements (listed below) that govern your relationship with PayPal. These changes will take place automatically on the corresponding effective date(s) shown below.
Please carefully review the notices below and familiarize yourself with the upcoming changes. Otherwise, no further action is needed from you to accept such changes. However, if you would prefer to decline them, then you will need to close your PayPal account prior to the applicable effective date, as described in the user agreement.
Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement
Effective 1 December 2021 (Residents of Malaysia, Thailand and Mainland China will have an effective date of 17 December 2021), we are:
- Relocating PayPal’s Buyer Protection program and Seller Protection program terms to separate web pages. These program terms are accepted at the time you agree to the User Agreement and remain part of the User Agreement. The relocation is intended to make the terms easier to locate and navigate.
- Revising PayPal’s Seller Protection program to clarify that proof of shipment and proof of delivery also must include an online verifiable tracking number.
- Clarifying that abuse of our online dispute resolution process, PayPal's Buyer Protection program, and/or PayPal’s Seller Protection program are restricted activities as defined under the user agreement.
Amendments to the Fees
Effective: 28 January 2022 we are
- We are simplifying the rates for sending PayPal Payouts and receiving international micropayments for users in Andorra, Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Croatia, Iceland, Monaco, Moldova, Serbia, Faroe Islands.
- We are updating our Additional Fees by adding other currencies and applicable fees for withdrawals you make to your card (also known as Original Credit Transfers).
Amendments to the Data Protection Addendum for Card Processing Products
Effective 1 December 2021 we are:
- Updating our Data Protection Addendum for Card Processing Products to incorporate the new Standard Contractual Clauses that were adopted by the European Commission in June 2021.