How can sellers in the Standard Dispute Fee scenario avoid being charged the fee for a dispute?
Sellers won’t be charged a Standard Dispute Fee for disputes that are:
- Inquiries in PayPal’s Resolution Center that are not escalated to a claim with PayPal
- Resolved directly between seller and the buyer and not escalated to a claim with PayPal
- Filed by the buyer directly with PayPal as an Unauthorized Transaction
- Eligible for PayPal’s Seller Protection program
- Claims with a transaction value that is less than twice the amount of the Standard Dispute fee
- Decided in seller’s favor by PayPal or by the issuer