Besides the items specifically named in the Acceptable Use Policy, does PayPal regulate any other goods or services?
Buyers and sellers are responsible for making sure that their transactions comply with PayPal policy and the law. Items bought and sold must be legal in both the seller’s and the buyer’s locations.
We prohibit any transactions that we determine (or suspect) might be illegal.
We also regulate transactions involving:
- Items that fall into highly regulated categories or industries, many of which are also regulated by government and other agencies worldwide. One such category is animal and wildlife products, including the sale and delivery of live animals or any part of an endangered or protected animal.
- Embargoed goods -- items that are subject to government sanctions or a ban on trade with particular countries, businesses, organizations, or individuals. Merchants must comply with the rules and regulations enforced by the U.S. Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Professional sports club and football tickets in the United Kingdom, including the resale of tickets for football matches. Such transactions are highly regulated, and can even be subject to criminal prosecution. We don’t allow transactions for tickets to professional football matches that take place in England or Wales; take place outside England or Wales but in a country or region where English and Welsh national and club teams are eligible to play; are held anywhere in the world as part of a competition or tournament organized by FIFA or UEFA, if an English or Welsh national or club team has participated or is eligible to participate.
We may allow authorized dealers and professional sports clubs to sell tickets to these matches, but only with our prior approval.
- Law enforcement and police-related items like badges, equipment, or anything that’s restricted (or prohibited) by domestic and international law enforcement agencies.
- Merchants in industries that require licensing or registration with a government or other official agency. We may request special documentation from such merchants before they can buy or sell using PayPal.