Why is my payment on hold?
Your payment may be held in the pending balance of your PayPal account because of the following reasons:
- The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern.
- Your account was inactive for a while.
- There's an unusual change in selling price compared to your selling history.
- You're selling an item that can potentially cause dissatisfaction with customers.
- You only recently started selling outside of eBay, so your history with us as an off-eBay seller is still progressing.
It’s a common industry practice we implement to help ensure a safe and secure environment for both buyers and sellers. After the payment hold is released, it may take until midnight (but it's usually sooner) for the funds to appear in your account.
If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help you get your payment sooner:
- Add tracking information: If you provide tracking information from one of our supported carriers in the transaction details page, your payment should be available 1 day after we can confirm the delivery date.
- Buyer confirmation: A buyer will receive a notification email once you've uploaded the tracking number. When your buyer confirms they've received the item, the payment will be released immediately.