Why can't I add my debit or credit card to my PayPal account?
You can add a Visa, Rupay card, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card to pay with PayPal. You can also use a debit card that displays the Visa or MasterCard logo.
Here are some possible reasons why you failed to add your debit or credit card:
- Your card might not be compatible with the PayPal system. Find out the cards you can use with you PayPal accounts.
- Your card hasn't been activated for online and international payments. Please contact your card issuer to activate this functionality.
- A credit card can be added to only one PayPal account at a time. If this card has been linked to your other PayPal account, you need to remove the card from there before using it in a different PayPal account.
- If your card doesn't have a card verification code (usually a 3-digit code on the back of your card), you can't use that card on your PayPal account.
- The billing address you provide must exactly match the one shown on your card statement. Check your debit or credit card statement to confirm that the addresses match.
- You have 8 cards linked to your PayPal account. You can only have 8 linked cards on your account at once. Please remove the cards that you don't use with PayPal anymore.