How do I remove a debit or credit card from my PayPal account?
To remove a card from your account:
- Go to Payment methods.
- Click on the card you want to remove.
- Click Edit
- Click Remove Card.
A few things to keep in mind:
- You may not be able to remove a card depending of your pending transaction, or if your card was the backup payment method for a recent instant bank payment. Wait a few days and try again.
- You may not be able to remove your card if you have a negative balance in your PayPal account. In this situation, you must bring your balance to zero or higher to remove your card.
- If you remove your only card and have a confirmed bank account, you’ll no longer be able to make instant bank payments. Instead, they’ll be sent as eChecks, which take up to 4 business days to process.
- If your card is eligible for automatic update with PayPal, we may remove a card on your behalf if it becomes unusable or has been closed.