Upcoming Policy Updates
This page displays policy updates informing users in advance of important changes to the PayPal service, its User Agreement, or other policies. Please go to “Past Policy Updates” for previous policy updates.
AMENDMENTS TO CERTAIN PAYPAL AGREEMENTS
We are updating the PayPal agreements listed below for all PayPal users in Canada. The changes described below will go into effect on November 6, 2020, or as otherwise set forth herein. There is no action needed from you, as the changes will occur automatically on the applicable effective date. In the event you would prefer to decline the changes and close your account, you can do so prior to the applicable effective date, and the changes will not apply to you.
Amendments to the PayPal Account User Agreement
- We are clarifying which policies you agree to comply with when you open and use a PayPal account.
- We are clarifying the circumstances under which Commercial Entity Agreements apply to business and personal accounts.
- We are establishing a dispute fee and its terms and conditions for sellers.
- When you pay for goods or services or send money, and such transaction involves a PayPal currency conversion, the currency conversion fee will be a minimum of 4% for all currencies.
Amendments to the following agreements:
- PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal Agreement
- Payflow Gateway Services Agreement
- PayPal Here Agreement
- Advanced Credit and Debit Card Payments and Virtual Terminal Agreement
- We are updating our data processing terms in the agreements listed directly above to reflect that PayPal is a data controller for payment processing and fraud services.