PAD Policy - PayPal
PAYOR’S AUTHORIZATION FOR PRE-AUTHORIZED DEBITS (PADS)
In this Authorization, "we", "us", "our" and "PayPal" refer to PayPal Canada Co. and its affiliates, successors or assigns, and "you" and "your" refer to each holder of a PAD Account.
- Authorization. You warrant and guarantee that you are the person who can authorize withdrawals from the bank account (the “Account”) attached to your PayPal Account and hereby authorize us to issue PADs drawn on the Account for your personal or business use. We may issue PADs in the amounts and with the frequency that you authorize from time to time based on your agreement with us and/or certain merchants, up to a maximum of $200,000 CAD. YOU WAIVE ANY REQUIREMENT THAT PAYPAL GIVE PRE-NOTIFICATION OF ANY PAYMENT AMOUNT OR CHANGE OF PAYMENT DATE.
- Adding/Cancellation. You acknowledge that to add an Account to your PayPal Account for PADs, please confirm your Account as described here. You understand that you may cancel this Authorization at any time by removing the Account from your PayPal Account through the “Profile” tab in your PayPal Account. You understand that removing the Account does not cancel pending transfers that you may have already initiated and authorized.
- Confirmation. We agree to provide written confirmation by email of this Authorization before the first PAD is debited from the Account.
- Sporadic PADs. We are required to obtain authorization from you for each sporadic PAD. You acknowledge that to subsequently authorize sporadic PADs, you must confirm your identity by logging into your PayPal Account or through another permissible method, which shall constitute valid authorization for your financial institution to debit your Account.
- Recourse. You have certain recourse rights if any PAD does not comply with this Authorization. For example, you have the right to receive reimbursement for any PAD that you have not authorized or that is not consistent with this Authorization. To obtain more information on your recourse rights, you may contact your financial institution or visit Payments Canada.
- Validation by Financial Institution. You acknowledge that your financial institution is not required to verify that a PAD has been issued in accordance with the terms of this Authorization.
- Contract for Goods & Services. Revocation of this Authorization does not terminate any contract for goods or services that exists between you and any PayPal merchant or between you and us. This Authorization applies only to the method of payment and does not otherwise have any bearing on any related contract for goods or services.
- Disputes. You may dispute a PAD only if (a) the PAD was not drawn in accordance with this Authorization or (b) we withdrew amounts from your Account after you revoked this Authorization. To be reimbursed, you acknowledge that you may need to complete a declaration and present it to your financial institution within ninety (90) days for a personal PAD and ten (10) business days for a business PAD, from the date the PAD in dispute was posted to the Account. You acknowledge that after such applicable period, any dispute must be resolved solely between you and us.