To create your PayPal account, we'll ask for detailed information about your business and individuals associated with it. This helps keep PayPal a safer place to transact and ensures we comply with Australian Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing laws.
To complete your application, you'll need:
- Legal business name and trading name (if applicable).
- The address of your primary place of business and registered office (if applicable).
- How your business is structured (e.g. sole trader, proprietary company, etc).
- ABN and ACN (if applicable).
Business contacts information
- Name, address and date of birth of the primary authorised user of the account.
- Names of any applicable business contacts (e.g. company directors, chairpersons, treasurer, secretary, etc).
- Names, dates of birth, addresses, countries of citizenship and ownership percentages (if applicable) for beneficial owners and those in a position to exercise significant authority over the finances and operations of the business.
- Names, addresses and dates of birth for any partners.
If you're applying on behalf of a trust, we'll also need
- Trust name and type.
- Details of the trust beneficiaries.
- The name of the settlor of the trust if the trust was established with assets worth $10,000 or more.
- A copy of the trust deed. (We'll ask for this once your application has been accepted.)
Don’t have everything right now?
That's OK. Get started with the information you do have and you can complete the rest later.