If you think someone's used your account without permission, report it to us immediately and we'll help protect you. If you find a suspicious charge, an error, or some other unauthorized transaction when viewing your account, we may be able to help. Report it within 180 days of when it appeared on your statement and if unauthorized transactions are eligible, you won’t be held liable.
- There are two ways to report an unauthorized transaction or error: through the Resolution Center or by calling PayPal Customer Service. If you choose to report through the Resolution Center, follow the steps below:
1. Log into your PayPal account.
2. Click on Resolution Center.
3. Click on Open a dispute for a transaction.
4. Select the unauthorized transaction and click Continue.
If you prefer you can also contact our Customer Service.
You can dial 0800 222 02 52 if you’re calling from Argentina or you can dial 1 402 952 85 56 if you’re calling from a country in Central America, the Caribbean and South America (your phone operator may charge a fee for international calls)
Once your claim has been filed, we'll investigate and do our best to resolve the issue. Please be aware that we'll notify any other parties involved in the transaction (e.g., banks, merchants, customers, etc.) to help us investigate and resolve your claim.
Any transaction found to be in error or unauthorized will be refunded.
- But before notifying us, please double check that it’s not a transaction you might’ve simply forgotten, like a recurring payment for a magazine subscription.