Why was my personal payment to India reversed?
Unfortunately, we’ve had to stop allowing personal payments to be sent to and from India.
Any personal payments that you’ve recently sent to India have been automatically reversed, and the money returned to you. If you sent the payment with a bank account, the funds will be returned to your PayPal balance. If you paid with a credit card, the amount will be credited back to your card.
If you’re trying to send money for a personal payment (such as a gift for a friend or family member), we ask that you find another way to pay until we’re able to restore personal payments to India.
If you’re sending money for something you purchased, you can resend the payment to the seller by following these steps on the PayPal website:
- Click Send & Request.
- Enter the name email address, or mobile number to whom you are sending money, then click Next.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Select either "Paying for an item or service" or "Sending to a friend."
- Click Continue.
- Select how you want to pay, then click Next.
- Review the information on the screen and click Send Payments Now.
We are trying to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and we’re sorry for any inconvenience.